"It's a 1-day workshop-seminar for structural shipyard welders, supervisors and engineering personnel to better understand common welding quality principles, practices, areas that cost time, money and avoiding costly rework with numerous examples to improve welders understanding from a weld right the 1st time and QA/QC perspective"
- Common shipyard materials, consumables and pre-heat
- Welding Procedure Specifications compliance
- Welder Qualifications-positions, limitations
- Over-sized welding and cost to bottom line and how to avoid
- Visual weld inspection to ABS, DNVGL and AWS D1.1.
- Proper SAW, FCAW and SMAW consumables storage
- Proper back-gouging and repair techniques
- Proper equipment and consumables selection to optimize welding deposition and automation
- Basic Weld Symbols interpretation
- Question-answer session with yard walk-through to identify areas for improvments
Welding Equipment process and productivity Consulting
Welding Consumable cost savings recommendations
Minimize cost and time in Qualification of Welding Procedures
ABS-RULES FOR MATERIALS AND WELDING
DNVGL-RULES FOR MATERIALS AND WELDING